When it comes to a spa, the combination of modern and traditional suits me to a T. My ideal spa – and the Alexander Spa fits the bill - features classical treatments from the Orient and the West, enhanced by experience and implemented by only the finest practitioners that have been trained to the highest of standards. They understand the meaning and essence of wellness, and they operate in a setting that echoes a sense of true traditional authenticity, exudes serenity and features 21st-century comfort, conveniences and design.
So, after entering the Alexander Spa and absorbing the beckoning ambience of this state-of-the art space from the first moment, I began to take count:
• A seamless ambience, with just about everything (except, of course, massages and treatments) operated via I-Pad – electricity, music, lighting, curtains, air-conditioning
• The harmony of Japanese screen panel design – a touch of the old to set the tone, expressed in terms of elegant modern décor complemented by wooden flooring - and attention to even the smallest detail
• Modern locker rooms for male and female patrons, outfitted with L’Occitane luxury cosmetics
• Four relaxing treatment rooms – three of which can be used for couples’ treatments
• A dedicated cosmetics room for facials, manicure, pedicure
• An after-treatment relaxation area with refreshments and beverages
• And the menu of treatments in all its enticing variety – a wealth of ancient knowledge and modern initiatives, to calm, pamper and heal body and soul, all based on the purest virgin coconut oil, rich in vitamin E, which is absorbed easily into the skin, healing and nourishing it and making it softer, while relaxing muscles as well.
(Types of massage, a brief survey of each, and prices: 30 minutes, ILS 250/ 45 minutes, ILS 350/ 60 minutes, ILS 420)